Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anticipation

I always say, that once January is over winter is almost gone. We've survived another winter. As February slips by, I breathe a sigh of relief...one more month of winter...then we get a few wicked snow storms. Winter is back again. Finally Spring arrives and it's time to be outside and feel the warmth of the sun on your back. We can barbeque again and we do so every night. Gone are the days of the crock pot until the fall rolls around again. We are almost mosquito free until mid June and it feels good to sit on the porch and just watch the perennials come up. The smell of the fresh air and the creak of the porch swing as I lay back and relax and enjoy what God has created... The taste of the first rhubarb and the first strawberries... the first salad of the season and you wonder how one can eat the stuff in the grocery store for 8 long months...but you do. My greenhouse is full of tender plants and it's tempting to put them out, but I wait a bit longer. There's nothing like smelling freshly tilled soil and running it through my fingers. Spring can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment