Friday, March 23, 2012

Saving old varieties

My grandfather's house, when we bought it, was like it was preserved in time. It still had a lot of the same plants growing that I remembered as a child. My grandfather had these incredible yellow fragrant roses that were my grandmother's that were still living. We never intended on selling the place but life changes and so we did. Before we left, we moved all the roses but they did not survive. In the corner of the picture to the right, you can see an old type of fern like plant with yellow kind of flowers. I don't know what this plant is, but I took a shovel full of this plant and took it to my new home. It's growing!   I did bring home at least one of the old plants and it survived! Now I just have to figure out what the heck it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment