Monday, March 26, 2012

Weeping Norway Spruce

I know he doesn't look like much, because he's just little, but this Weeping Norway Spruce will grow to six feet tall and 8-10 feet wide. I wanted to test drive to see if this type of tree would thrive in my acreage. So far, one winter has passed and it's still here. So this spring, I'm going to go and buy more to plant around my yard. This is a slow growing shrub in the Evergreen family. According to label directions it should be fertilized in early spring and late summer. What really surprised me that the label says to prune in Winter. I will definitely be mulching this cute little tree to encourage it to live! On the tag it does say that this tree is winter hardy to -40F, so that's good because it does get that cold here on the Saskatchewan prairie!

No comments:

Post a Comment