Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creating a bird bath in your garden

I came across this site this morning:
 http://www.gardengatemagazine.com/extras/53birdbath-video.php

It describes with little mini videos how to create a bird bath from a large rhubarb leaf. I've been wanting to try this in my garden and found the directions really simple. The rhubarb should be starting to grow any day as some of my perennials are starting from the bottom already. I know it's April 1st and we usually have a foot of snow on the ground. Usually a good dump of rain washes everything up and gets the new perennials growing. If I have a good amount of rain, the rhubarb leaves are huge. I have tons of paint and so painting the new bird bath should be a breeze. Thought I'd share in case you were thinking about a new bird bath for your garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment