Monday, July 16, 2012

Soooo much to pick and eat!





Fresh raspberries from my mom's garden, she brought me over a gallon. I picked a half a gallon this morning and if we get rain, well, let's just say I'm going to be freezing my fair share.



Saskatoons from my mom's tree in town. My trees are only three years old and so are just starting to produce. Tonight my son and I head out to pick more Saskatoons from my mom's tree in town.
Strawberries are quite nice this year, even though we haven't had much rain. I'm currently mulching my patch with coconut husks and then I'll be fertilizing with horse manure tea. They should almost be done producing for now and then they will rest and will produce until a hard frost. 


At this time of year, when the garden is so plentiful, it's hard to choose what to pick first. So much good organic food for the table. You just can't buy this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment