Saturday, April 6, 2013

Started my seeds last Sunday


I bought a indoor lamp system to start my seeds. I have plenty of large windows on the South side of my house but my seedlings still got spindly last year. I want strong plants to put outside. My new toy has grow light bulbs that provide the proper lighting for my seedlings to grow upwards towards. Hopefully, it works better than my sunny windows. 

I wanted to buy Heritage seeds and Organic seeds to start my small plants. I'm trying not to grow generically modified foods in my garden. So the Heritage seeds are old varieties that have been around for a long time. Organic means that they haven't been grown with chemicals. There is so much that we don't know about the foods we buy at the grocery store. I'm trying to be healthier and to put good things into my body and the bodies of my kids and husband. A lot of the problem is that genetically modified anything does not have to be disclosed on the packaging when one buys things in Canada. That includes food. If I don't choose to eat non GM foods and I want to buy genetically modified foods, that's my business. But I'm the opposite, I want to know, I should have that right to know what is going into my body. At least in my garden, I get to do that.

Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment