Monday, June 10, 2013

Grape vines, you can never tell if they're dead Oye!

Once again, I am replacing grape vines. The thing though is that the grape vines look dead every Spring and they also start growing their leaves at different times. So I thought I waited long enough to let them grow so I could replace. I went to pull out one of the dead vines and it would not come out! It started to rain so I never got back to transplanting until two days later. The darn thing had a leaf on it...it was alive!

So now I have an extra one.

Once established, grape vines are hard to lose to winter kill. Apparently, I'm closer to that point than I thought! I have ten of them...they make the best grapy jelly, you can't buy how good that home made jelly tastes!

I have lost a few plants this Spring but no fruit trees were lost at all! Cedars, well that's another story. I love Cedars but boy are they hard to get started out here. One more time, I'm replacing! Hopefully this year is the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment